What goes on?
The research at ii lab is going well, people are working on exciting new music projects that have been presented in various conferences in the summer. See our outputs page for further information.
This autumn, the lab PI, prof Thor Magnusson, will present research in various locations both in Iceland and in Europe. Here is a list of some events:
- 22 September: Fræðaþing Reykjavíkurakademíunnar. A panel session about the role of the arts and humanities in contemporary research landscape.
- 25 September: Vísindakaffi. Science cafe. A non-academic open discussion on the role of creative AI in contemporary art.
- 4 October: CHIME Seminar. A seminar with Dr Astrid Bin on the new musical instruments design.
- 11 October: Georgios Diapoulis Doctoral Defence. A public - and streamed - doctoral defence by Georgios Diapoulis. Thor is the key opponent.
- 14 October: New Lutherie with Hans Johannsson. A round table discussion with Hans Johannsson and Patrick Gaydecki on contemporary lutherie.